“Take rest; a field that has rested gives a bountiful crop.” Ovid
It is important to develop a strategy to living a stress less life. I call these following things the “Foundation of Stress Less Living”:
- Food and Nutrition
- Fresh Air
- Preventative Medical Intervention and Maintenance
- Exercise and Movement
- Rest and Recovery
All of the above are integral in effective stress reduction. A lot of us are stressed out and we are not eating well, or exercising or resting efficiently. So it is important to have this foundation created and to work from here to create a stress less live.
- FOOD AND NUTRITION; when it comes to this area the greater quality the food, the better. As well as an efficient overall diet possibly including vitamins.
- FRESH AIR; the importance of fresh air on a daily basis is important and of the essence. In Feng Shui I recalled reading about how one should open the doors every morning. I am wondering and thinking that with air that is stagnant things could fester in it causing allergies and the such.
- PREVENTATIVE MEDICAL INTERVENTION AND MAINTENANCE; the integration of your doctor and/ or doctors for the betterment of your life is a must. I encourage people to approach from a preventative aspect and not after the fact as well as being fully involved as a self advocate in your care.
- EXERCISE AND MOVEMENT; I feel it is important to add some sort of movement into your day and it is important and can assist in stress reduction as well. Walking outside you do two things in one; moving and fresh air.
- REST AND RECOVERY; It is also important to integrate rest, effective rest. Most people do not realize it takes an art to sleep well and really think the things that will put you into that perfect state.
So once you have the basics down then one can go from there and begin to implement more stress reduction strategies but first start with the foundation before building the house.
“Even as fire finds peace in its resting place without fuel, when thoughts become silence the soul finds peace in its own source. When the mind is silent, then it can enter into a world which is far beyond the mind. This is wisdom, and this is liberation.”
HUGS means Health, Understanding and Success to you from Master Life Coach Miste!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Miste “Kehaunihiikapali” Anders-Clemons is a Master Certified Life Coach and known as “The Peace, Calm and Tranquility Coach” and specializes in stress reduction, empowerment and life transitions. She is known to speak calm into the heart of people with her very voice and she is a Interactive Inspirational Speaker that integrates hula, Tai Chi and karate in her speaking. She is a collaborative author in “Cultivating Your It Factor: 14 Must Haves to Define, Refine and Discover Your Signature Brand”, “Women On A Mission: Sisterhood of Stories” and soon to be released “The 3 P’s: Purpose, Passion and Profit.” She is married and the proud mom of two children, Esperanza and Austin and four grandchildren. She loves hula dance and the Hawaiian culture as well as reading, writing and hanging out with the dog she fosters, Harley.
Http://itsamisteism.setmore.com to schedule a FREE Stress Less Strategy Session